I'm leaving AEON and Tottori soon, and some things I will miss while others I won't. This should make for a good summary of the countryside Japan English conversation teacher lifestyle.
Things I will miss:
* Going to the most popular restaurant in Tottori on a Saturday night without a reservation and having no problem getting a table.
* My tap water tastes like Zeus's water on Mount Olympus.
* The air doesn't make me gag and cough.
* Allergies? What allergies? I think I remember having those.
* Living 3 minutes from Jusco.
* Waking up at 10am and not having to start work for 3 hours.
* 3-hour lunch breaks (maybe I'll watch a movie).
* Playing at Afterhours.
* Having Mondays off because everywhere and everything is empty. For example, I have the entire Hyou-No-Sen ski resort to myself when I can get outta bed and head over there.
Things I won't miss:
* That damn temple drummer.
* Oh, it's raining again. Oh, now it's snowing. Damn...
* Where's the sun? I haven't seen it in 2 weeks. I hope everything's okay.
* Did I mention the frozen Siberian wasteland?
* Those sometimes-creepy students that drive me batty.
* Next train in 55 minutes!
* Having to work Saturdays.
* You have a sudden craving for Mexican food? Good luck, dude! I hope you brought your credit card.
Christmas in LA I visited LA for Christmas and New Years. It was awesome seeing everyone again as it had been over a year since being back. The place hasn't c...
After a very hectic week of training at the AEON West headquarters in Okayama, I arrived in Tottori, Japan. Training week was crazy busy, but kinda funny. Our...