I struggled a bit with getting my new 8BitDo M30 controller to pair properly with Batocera. Before we begin, please make sure the controller is on the latest firmware from 8BitDo, and that you're running the latest version of Batocera. Below are my notes and tips that got the controller working.
1) Put the controller into pairing mode first, then start Bluetooth discovery on Batocera. Use the Android D-input (Start + B) pairing mode.
2) After pairing it, it will likely go kinda crazy. Down doesn't work, and it keeps scrolling to the side, etc. Take a deep breath. We can fix this.
3) Turn off the controller by holding down start.
4) Restart Batocera.
5) Turn on the controller by holding down start. BOOM! PROFIT!
In some cases it may not even be necessary to restart Batocera (step 4). So basically the solution is to turn the controller off, then back on again. LOL! Some things never change.
I re-built my LEMP web-server fresh on Ubuntu 22.04 and learned some things along the way. This is my base build outline mostly created for my own notes.
Here's how to create and mount an encrypted unassigned device in UnRAID.
1) Make sure the unassigned devices plugin is installed in UnRAID. :-)
2) Wipe the device
I do this to remove any old partition tables, etc., and I think the easiest way to do it is on the command line. Change the "of" device to your unassigned device. Confirm you have the right device!
dd if=/dev/null of=/dev/sdb1
3) Create partition table in UnRAID
You can also do this via the command line, but I prefer to use the UnRAID GUI for this to ensure it's created the proper UnRAID way. It will also format it.
4) Encrypt and format the device again
Encrypt it using the same passphrase you used for any encrypted array. Otherwise, it won't mount in the GUI.
5) Try mounting it in the GUI
Try mounting it in unassigned devices. Hopefully it will mount and you're good to go!
I've been figuring out how to block or redirect web traffic in Nginx based on the country geoIP.
* You need the package nginx-extras for this because this package has the geoIP Nginx plugin.
* I used Japan (JP) in these examples, so change the country code to whatever you wish.
APPROACH #1 - BASIC
This uses a locally-downloaded GeoIP database.
I re-built my LEMP web-server fresh on Ubuntu 20.04, and learned some things along the way. This is my base build outline.