The Hunt for the Ultimate Dietary Supplements for Anxiety, Stress, and Insomnia
I've always known myself to be a nervous person, but unfortunately as I've gotten older my relationship with anxiety, stress, and insomnia has worsened. What used to be sweaty palms or minor pre-presentation tension is now a borderline panic attack. I have sought and tried professional medical help, but I hesitate to start regularly medicating myself for fear my waking life will become that of a loopy automaton. Sleeping pills were nice, but soon got addictive. I didn't like the direction this was going.
Instead I sought a more holistic approach, which includes mental and meditative exercises coupled with stress-fighting dietary supplements. Below I document my hunt for the ultimate dietary supplements to combat anxiety, stress, and insomnia.
- The links I included are to the products I myself have tried and (in the case of favorites & honorable mentions) personally recommend.
- In general I like the NOW brand, as I find it consistently potent. Nature's Way is also good.
- I don't like Japanese brand DHC. Their supplements seem very weak and do next to nothing for me. I gave up on that brand.
- Japanese brand Nichie is awesome. This is the one I use for Maca. Unfortunately, they don't offer my other favorites.
Read more: The Hunt for the Ultimate Dietary Supplements for Anxiety, Stress, and Insomnia
My Horrible Vistaprint Experience
I had been a contented Vistaprint customer for several years. While they don't make the highest quality business cards in the world, they're inexpensive, and their online design tools and templates are swift and painless to use. However, after the following abysmal experience, I've vowed never to use them again.
How to Get USA Stuff Shipped to You in Japan - Living Abroad
During the course of my life abroad in Japan, I've increasingly found myself in this situation:
- I find something online that I just must have--usually something very American (and a bit silly) like ridiculously potent gel that makes my teeth gloriously white.
- Not surprisingly I can't buy it in Japan. -OR- I can buy it in Japan, but the price is insanely high.
- I go to Amazon USA or Ebay and find it there, but the seller won't ship it to Japan.
Oh, and this situation is compounded by the fact my family back home loves gifting me Amazon USA gift certificates for birthdays and Christmas.
Read more: How to Get USA Stuff Shipped to You in Japan - Living Abroad
Safeguarding Your Digital Life
This is an outline of a presentation I delivered called "Safeguarding Your Digital Life." It summarizes best practices to follow for keeping your online identity safe from hackers and identity thieves. Feedback and additional tips are more than welcome. Enjoy!
- We have a ton of IT security systems installed, but the weakest link is the human one.
- The most fortified castle will fall due to 1 person opening the door for the Trojan Horse.
- Security is inherently inconvenient. But dealing with identity theft is far worse.
Page 3 of 18